How to get involved
Hylo is a community effort! We invite you to get involved.
Hylo is a co-created and community-led platform. As an open-source project (as opposed to closed-source, proprietary technology), everyone is free to look at the codebase and add to it. We don't charge people to use the platform, and Hylo doesn't exist to maximize revenue for anyone. Instead, Hylo's purpose is to help groups organize impactful action.
Hylo relies on donations - of money, and of time and energy - from people who share our vision for a world where our collective resources are shared as a commons. Our water, our land, and even our technology tools can be cooperatively stewarded by the community, for the benefit of all.
Do you dream of a world that works for all? If so, Hylo could benefit from your care. Here’s how to get involved.
There are so many ways to contribute to Hylo, and we’d be delighted for you to participate in whatever way is most exciting to you! Of course, as a software project, we are always welcoming volunteer coders. But you don’t have to contribute code to be helpful! Regardless of your technical chops, there’s plenty to do.
Here are some important ways to help out:
- Create a group on Hylo and give us input about your experience
- Participate in Community Calls
- Evangelize Hylo to communities who can benefit from using it
- Beta test new releases to ensure high quality functionality
- Create documentation, such as onboarding materials to help communities thrive on Hylo
- Submit feedback, bug reports, and feature requests
- Contribute code